The colors of the ocean are in an abalone shell, and is soft to the touch from repeated tumbles in the sand and water. It also has ripples on it which look like the ripples made by waves on sand. Shells are part of a living ecosystem, made up from calcium carbonate and grow in the ocean. Many types of shell have been used instead of gemstones for centuries. Popular types of shell include pearl, abalone and paua. Abalone shell has been used for centuries in jewelry and carvings. In the Apache tradition a disc of abalone shell is worn on the forehead of Apache girls, on the morning of their initiation into womanhood.
Abalone has been whispered to also contribute in the following ways...
- Abalone shell is great for working through emotional issues, as it encourages calmness and soothing in emotional situations.
- Abalone shell stimulates our intuition and imagination.
- Holding a piece of abalone shell makes you feel beauty, love, comfort, caring, gentleness, delight, peacefulness, and solace.
- Abalone shell connected with family in particular motherhood.
- Abalone shell helps with the easy flow of feelings and sensitivities to others.
- Abalone shell is intimately connected to the sea - it represents the tides of emotion.
- Abalone shell helps give harmony to relationships.
- Abalone shells play and variety of colors represent change as the beauty of existence.
- A comforting shell to hold and very tactile.
- Abalone shell increases our ability to be more emotionally expressive and encourages co-operation between ourselves and others.
- Abalone shell is extremely useful in stimulating our psychic development.
Pendant is approx 33mm x 36mm
Silver plated pendant
**Remember all items can vary from main photo slightly in color and size.